The AEI culture is not built upon a name. Our culture has been built on people by design. We put people first because they represent the face of AEI whether dealing with clients, teaming partners, the community, public officials, or community residents. Every day they reinforce the values that form the AEI culture.
AEI is always looking for qualified engineers, designers, surveyors and landscape architects to add strength and depth to our core team and accommodate our growing business. We believe in smart growth in our communities and within our organization. If you have the talent and desire to build a career that allows you to make a positive impact, there is no better place to start your journey than right here at AEI.
AEI is looking for a Surveying Party Chief for it's Glasgow, KY location. This position will serve as a survey crew person in charge with specific duties and in responsible charge of specific field surveying needs. This position reports to the Survey Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for accurate determination of survey points using survey instruments, GPS, and other data collection devices along with the responsible for overseeing site survey crew.
- Responsible for safety of field personnel and care and use of equipment.
- Assists in the development of plats, topography surveys, construction staking, and related surveying activities.
- Assists the Survey Manager with work including field surveying and office related compiling of field data.
- Conducts pre-trip meeting to discuss tasks and logistics with the crew and makes sure that necessary insurance is obtained
- Ensures proper equipment & supplies are loaded and unloaded daily and reports to the Survey Manager any damaged equipment, vehicles, equipment needs, and supplies needed.
- Responsible for accurate determination of survey points using survey instruments, GPS, and other data collection devices. Adjusts plan to meet environmental conditions by improvising and solving problems that occur in the field.
- Ensures that field team is productive and that all data collected is accurate. Because of expense of re-visits, data collected must be comprehensive, precise in scope and completely accurate. Builds redundancy into field trips in case of breakdown.
- Observes conditions to ensure safety and effectiveness of survey operations.
- Invoices the equipment used for some jobs. Provides observations and physical description of field site to engineers.
- Responsible for downloading data (Raw Files, Text Files, Job Files, etc.) which is then imported into Microstation or AutoCADD.
- Development of subordinate staff as warranted.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years minimum related experience. College degree can be substituted for up to two years experience.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle a plus.
- Willingness to work out of town during the week.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift 25 pounds, 50 pounds once a week.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk distances.
Benefits and Perks
AEI offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- 401-k Retirement Plan
American Engineers Inc. is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of American Engineers Inc. to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.